| OWL Venice
Warm Berry Chia Porridge
Total Time: 10 minutes | Servings: 1 serving
chia seeds simmered together with coconut milk, berries and honey
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey, optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ cup blackberries
- ⅓ cup strawberries, chopped
- Toppings: fresh berries + edible flowers
- To a small saucepan, add all of your ingredients. Heat up the sauce pan to a medium low heat and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 6-8 minutes until the pudding begins to thicken and the berries begin to burst. Continue to stir. Serve warm with fresh berries on top and edible flowers.
Total Time: 15 minutes | Servings: 2
Topped with herbed coconut yogurt and drizzled with herb oil
- 2 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Sea salt + pepper
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves, julienned
- Sea salt + pepper
- Toppings: mint leaves and herb oil
- Slice your zucchinis in half lengthwise. On each zucchini half make several horizontal cuts (about an inch apart) along the entire zucchini and then repeat in the other direction. Season with salt. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat add the olive oil. Then Add the zucchini halves cut side down. Sear for 5-6 minutes and then flip. Season with salt, pepper and coriander. Sear on the other side for another 5-6 minutes.
- Mix up the yogurt with the thyme and mint. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on top of zucchini halves with a drizzle of olive oil.
Baked & Stuffed Sweet Potato
Total Time: 1 hour | Servings: 2
Stuffed with mashed sweet potato, nutritional yeast, and ghee topped with watercress and avocado slices
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Sea salt + pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh watercress
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Poke holes into each sweet potato with a fork (about 4 each side) then wrap with aluminum foil.
- Add to the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and make a lengthwise cut into each sweet potato. Spoon out the sweet potato from the skin and add to a bowl.
- Mash the cooked sweet potato with ghee, nutritional yeast and salt + pepper.
- Add the mash back into the potato skin. Then top each sweet potato with fresh watercress tossed in lemon juice and the avocado slices.
Claire Sporck (aka Sporckly), is a food photographer and stylist here in Los Angeles with a love for beautiful, natural foods. She loves cooking and creating recipes with real ingredients that stand out, and has been creating "healthier" versions of recipes since she was a kid with her mom in the kitchen. She's a huge believer that the foods we eat affect our bodies and minds, which makes WHAT we eat so important!
In 2015 Claire graduated from UNLV with a degree in hospitality management. After completing her schooling, she quickly moved to Los Angeles where she began a job working in event production and catering. It was during her first two years in the city working events that she began Sporckly.
Four years later, she now works full-time as a chef, food photographer, stylist, and recipe blogger, pursuing her biggest passion: spreading healthy recipes and creating pretty food photos.