One Whole Life (“OWL”, “us” or “we”), owns and operates this website (“Site”). These Terms of Service (“Terms”) constitute a legally binding agreement made by and between OWL and the user of this Site (personally and, if applicable, on behalf of the entity for whom you are using the Site; collectively, “you”). The Terms govern your use of OWL and the products and services we make available (“Services”).
BY ACCESSING OR USING ANY PART OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, WHICH CONTAIN AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, A WAIVER OF CLASS-ACTION RIGHTS, AND LIABILITY LIMITATIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE SO BOUND, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us by email at https://www.owlvenice.com/pages/contact-us.
- Eligibility. To use the Site you must be, and represent and warrant that you are, of legal age (18 years of age or older) and competence. In addition, if you have been previously prohibited from accessing the Site or the website of any of our affiliates, you are not permitted to access the Site.
- License to Use the Site. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, and revocable right to access the Site and use the Services for your personal, non-commercial use, and as we otherwise intend. OWL reserves the right to monitor the Service for the purpose of determining that your usage complies with these Terms.
- Prohibited Conduct. You may not use the Site or Services other than as expressly permitted by Section 1.2 above. Without limitation, you will not, directly or indirectly: (a) copy, reproduce, modify, distribute, display, create derivative works of or transmit any content on the Site; (b) use the Service or Site commercially; (c) reverse engineer, decompile, tamper with or disassemble the technology used to provide the Service or Site (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by a non-waivable provision of applicable law); (d) interfere with or damage the Service, Site, or underlying any technology; (e) impersonate or misrepresent your identity or affiliation; (f) attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or Site; (g) collect information about users of the Service, the Site, or the Service; (h) violate, misappropriate or infringe a third party’s intellectual property or other right, or any social media platform terms; (i) violate any law, rule, or regulation, or (j) interfere with any third party’s ability to use or enjoy, or our ability to provide, the Service or Site.
ACCOUNT REGISTRATION; ACCOUNT USE
- Account Registration. If you create an account, you must provide us with complete and accurate information. You must promptly update such information to keep it complete and accurate. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time.
- Security of Your Account. You agree to notify OWL immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. We will not be liable for any loss, damages, liability, expenses or attorneys’ fees that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. You will be liable for losses, damages, liability, expenses and attorneys’ fees incurred by OWL or a third party due to someone else using your account.
- No Obligation to Retain a Record of Your Account. OWL has no obligation to retain a record of your account or any data or information that you may have stored for your convenience by means of your account or the Services.
HEALTHCARE DISCLAIMER. OWL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, OR CURE ANY PSYCHOLOGICAL OR MEDICAL CONDITION. OWL, ITS STAFF AND THE CONTENT-PROVIDERS ARE NOT LICENSED MEDICAL CARE OR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS AND ARE NOT RENDERING PERSONAL MEDICAL AND/OR PSYCHOLOGICAL ADVICE OR TREATMENT, AND HAVE NO EXPERTISE IN ADVISING ON, DIAGNOSING, EXAMINING, OR TREATING MEDICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, OR IN DETERMINING THE EFFECT OF ANY OF THE SERVICES, SPECIFIC EXERCISE OR NUTRITIONAL OR DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS ON A MEDICAL CONDITION. OUR SITE AND SERVICES MAY INCLUDE INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTION RELATING TO HEALING AND NOURISHMENT OF OVERALL WELL-BEING, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PRIVATE HEALTH COACHING, NUTRITIONAL AND DIETARY SUGGESTIONS, AND PERSONAL EXERCISE AND FITNESS TRAINING, SUCH TOPICS ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE FOLLOWING WARNINGS AND DISCLAIMERS SHALL APPLY TO ALL SUCH INFORMATION, INSTRUCTION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES:
- NOTHING CONTAINED ON THE SITE OR OTHER PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY OWL SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS ANY FORM OF SUCH MEDICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL CONSULTATION (I.E., ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT). YOU ARE URGED AND ADVISED TO SEEK THE ADVICE OF A MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL, PHYSICIAN AND/OR REGISTERED DIETITIAN OR NUTRITIONIST FOR ANY MEDICAL CONDITION. OWL’S PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MAY NOT BE RIGHT FOR EVERY PERSON AND MAKES NO COMMITMENTS OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND THAT ANY PART OF THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS.
- PHYSICAL TRAINING ACTIVITIES, IN ALL OF ITS FORMS AND WITH OR WITHOUT THE USE OF EQUIPMENT (I.E., CLASSES MAY INCLUDE, BLOCKS, STRAPS OR ANY OTHER EQUIPMENT THAT MAY BE SUGGESTED BY THE INSTRUCTOR), IS A STRENUOUS PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. ACCORDINGLY, YOU ARE URGED AND ADVISED TO SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN OR HEALTH AND FITNESS PROFESSIONAL BEFORE BEGINNING ANY PHYSICAL EXERCISE REGIMEN, ROUTINE, OR PROGRAM THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ACTIVE PARTICIPATION IN ANY OWL RETREAT. OWL WITH RESPECT TO ANY PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES, ALL COMMENTS RELATING TO THE USE OF EQUIPMENT, POSES, MOVES AND INSTRUCTION ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BE PERFORMED BY YOU AND ARE CARRIED OUT AT YOUR ELECTION WHILE IN THE CLASS. BY USING THE SERVICES OR SIGNING UP FOR THE RETREATS, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PHYSICAL EXERCISE INVOLVES STRENUOUS PHYSICAL MOVEMENT, AND THAT SUCH ACTIVITY CARRIES THE RISK OF INJURY WHETHER PHYSICAL OR MENTAL CAPABILITIES OF SUCH ACTIVITIES. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT BY PARTICIPATING IN CLASSES AND ACTIVITIES FROM OWL, YOU WILL NOT EXCEED YOUR LIMITS WHILE PERFORMING SUCH ACTIVITY, AND YOU WILL SELECT THE APPROPRIATE LEVEL OF CLASSES FOR YOUR SKILLS AND ABILITIES, AS WELL AS FOR A MENTAL OR PHYSICAL CONDITIONS AND/OR LIMITATIONS YOU MAY HAVE. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT, FROM TIME TO TIME INSTRUCTORS MAY SUGGEST PHYSICAL ADJUSTMENTS OR THE USE OF EQUIPMENT AND IT IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO DETERMINE IF ANY SUCH SUGGESTED ADJUSTMENT OR EQUIPMENT IS APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR LEVEL OF ABILITY AND PHYSICAL AND MENTAL CONDITION.
- WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER TERMS HEREIN, YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE ANY CLAIM THAT YOU MAY HAVE AT ANY TIME FOR INJURY OF ANY KIND AGAINST OWL, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED WITH OWL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ITS DIRECTORS, PRINCIPALS, INSTRUCTORS, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, AFFILIATES AND REPRESENTATIVES TO EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
TERMS OF SALE
The following terms apply to your purchase of the products offered on the Site (“Products”).
- Product Descriptions. We try to make the Site thorough, accurate, and helpful to our customers. Nonetheless, there may be times when certain information contained on the Site may be incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, or appear inaccurate because of the browser, hardware, or other technology that you use. We apologize in advance for any such errors that may result in an incorrect price, inaccurate description, item unavailability or otherwise affect your order. We reserve the right to correct errors (whether by changing information on the Site or by informing you of the error and giving you an opportunity to cancel your order) or to update Product information at any time without notice.
- Availability and Pricing. OWL reserves the right to change the prices and available Products at any time. Quantities of some Products may be limited and stock cannot always be guaranteed. Products offered for sale on this Site are for sale only in the United States and all prices are quoted in U.S. dollars. We may occasionally make errors in the stated prices on this Site. If a product’s correct price is higher than the listed price, we will, in our discretion, either confirm the correct price with you or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
- Purchasing Products. The display of Products on the Site invites you to make us an offer to buy the Products. Your order is an offer to buy the Products, which we accept only by shipping the Products ordered. Any confirmation that you receive after placing an order does not constitute an acceptance of your offer and is subject to correction before shipment in the event of inaccuracies, errors, Product unavailability, or for any other reason.
- Orders. We have the right to refuse or limit any orders and limit quantities. We will not be liable if a Product is unavailable or if shipment is delayed. All orders are non-cancelable; we may grant or deny cancellation requests in our sole and absolute discretion. We reserve the right to provide substantially similar products to fulfill your order.
- Returns. We do not allow returns or substitutions of Products. All sales are final.
- Damaged or Incomplete Shipment. If you receive a damaged or incomplete shipment of Products, or if you are otherwise unhappy with any Product, please https://www.owlvenice.com/pages/contact-us. We must receive notice of a damaged or incomplete shipment within two (2) weeks of receipt (as shown on by our common carrier’s shipping information). Any refunds or replacements are made solely in our discretion.
- Payment. You authorize us (and any payment processor) to charge your payment card for all purchases you make. We accept the forms of payment stated on the Site and, for credit card payments, charge your credit card when your order is processed. The bank issuing your credit card may control when to release funds in the case of an order cancellation or refund. We reserve the right to use the payment information you provide us in connection with this payment to provide better service to you should you wish to use our service again in the future and to protect us from fraud and other losses. Completion of a payment transaction is contingent upon: (a) you providing complete personal, account, transaction and any other information needed, (b) authorization of the payment by your credit or debit card company, and (c) acceptance of your payment. You may cancel your payment prior to your final submission of it to us. We may, in our sole discretion, cancel your payment at any time by providing notice to you through your contact information or by a notice when you attempt to make a payment. We may cancel a payment or prevent you from initiating future payments for any reason, including, without limitation, the following: (i) if you attempt to use the Services in breach of any applicable law or regulation, including the card network rules or regulations; (ii) if you use the Services in breach of these Terms; (iii) if we suspect fraudulent, unlawful or improper activity regarding a payment; (iv) if we detect, in our sole discretion, that your payments have excessive disputes, high reversal rates or present a relatively high risk of losses; or (v) failure to cooperate in an investigation or provide additional information when requested.
- Transfer of Title and Risk of Loss/Damage. Title to and the risk of loss/damage of all Products passes from us to you at the time we deliver the products to the common carrier for shipment. By purchasing products on the Site for shipment, you are asking us to engage a common carrier to deliver your order. In doing so, we are providing a service to and acting on behalf of you. We reserve the right to choose any and all procedures, packaging and the common carrier of sold products. We may not be able to have your order shipped to a post office box, to certain addresses or on certain days. We reserve the right to ship your order in multiple boxes or shipments.
- Taxes. Stated prices do not include any customs duties, sales, use, value-added, excise, federal, state, local or other taxes. You are solely responsible for the payment of such taxes related to your purchase. We have the right to charge you for any taxes that we believe we are required to pay or collect related to your purchase.
- Personal Use Only. Products are for your personal use only. You agree not sell or resell any products you purchase. Except where prohibited by law, we may limit the quantity of Products available for purchase. We reserve the right, with or without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any order to be filled or products to be provided to you that may result in a violation of these Terms, as we determine in our sole discretion.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO OWL
Any text, photographs, artwork, ideas, questions, reviews, comments, suggestions or other content that you submit or post to the Site or otherwise provide to us are referred to as “User Content”. The following terms apply to User Content:
- License to OWL. By sharing, submitting or uploading any User Content, you grant OWL a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license to use, copy, distribute, display, publish, perform, sell, transmit, adapt, translate, modify, reverse-engineer, disassemble and create derivative works from your User Content in any manner existing now or created in the future. Subject to the license above, you retain ownership of User Content.
- Waiver of Moral Rights. You irrevocably waive and agree not to assert any rights, including any “moral rights,” that you have to prevent us from exploiting the rights granted in Section.
- Right to Name and Likeness. You also grant us the right to use and display the name, photograph and any other biographical information that you submit with any User Content in connection with such User Content.
- Your Responsibility for User Content. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all the User Content that you make available through the Site. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that: (1) you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases necessary to grant OWL the required rights to disseminate any User Content and (2) neither your User Content nor your posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmittal of this User Content or OWL’s use of your uploaded User Content (or any portion thereof) on, through or by the means of the Site, will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- No Obligations Regarding User Content. We will not have any obligation to hold any User Content in confidence or compensate you or anyone else for its use. We have the right to remove or edit any User Content for any reason or no reason at all.
- Infringement Notification. OWL respects the rights of others and we expect users of our Site and Services to do the same. These Terms prohibit the infringement of the copyrights of others, and it is also our policy that we may remove, suspend, terminate access, or take other appropriate action against repeat offenders. We may also remove content that in our sole discretion appears to infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
- How to File an Infringement Notification. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that content residing on or accessible through our Site infringes a copyright which you own or for which you are a designated agent, please send a notice of infringement by email to OWL’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement by one of the following means:
OWL Copyright Agent
and with the information that sets forth the items specified below:
- Identify the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, provide a representative list of such works.
- Identify the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. Include information reasonably sufficient to permit OWL to locate the material. Please provide a URL and screenshots for each item. Include the specific asset(s) or page(s) that you claim to be infringing. Say “entire work” ONLY if all assets/pages in a collection/document are infringing.
- Include details of your claim to the material, or your relationship to the material’s copyright holder.
- Provide your full name, address, and telephone number should we need to clarify your claim.
- Provide a working email address where we can contact you to confirm your claim.
- If true, include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as the allegedly infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- If true, include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner to make this complaint.”
- Sign the document, physically or electronically.
- NO WARRANTIES. THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS AVAILABLE” AND “AS IS,” TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. OWL DISCLAIMS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED AND STATUTORY, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THIS PROVISION IS NOT INTENDED TO DISCLAIM LIABILITY THAT WE MAY NOT DISCLAIM UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- USE OF SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. OWL DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE, SERVICES OR EMAILS SENT TO YOU WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, SECURE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, OR THAT ALL INFORMATION WILL BE ACCURATE OR COMPLETE. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR HARDWARE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF MATERIAL OR DATA. OWL MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, GUARANTEE OR PROMISE THAT THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR ACHIEVE ANY PARTICULAR RESULTS. OWL WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT OR SERVICES ON THE SITE, ANY LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES. OWL MAKES ALL DISCLAIMERS IN THIS PARAGRAPH ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS.
- NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS. OWL DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE FEATURED OR LINKED TO THROUGH THE SITE, AND OWL WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. OWL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- YOUR RIGHTS MAY VARY. SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR IN OTHER JURISDICTIONS.
- NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS. TO NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS, THE PROVISIONS ABOVE ARE INTENDED TO BE AS BROAD AND INCLUSIVE AS PERMITTED BY THE LAW OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY ONLY.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- NO CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WILL OWL, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY “OWL” FOR PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION) BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE PERFORMANCE, USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR SERVICES, EVEN IF OWL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, VIOLATION OF STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. OWL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF SERVICES, LOSS OF REVENUE OR LOSS OF GOOD WILL.
- OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED. IN ANY EVENT, OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE SERVICE(S) TO WHICH THE CLAIM RELATES OR, IF THE CLAIM DOES NOT RELATE TO A SERVICE, $100. THIS PROVISION IS NOT INTENDED TO EXCLUDE LIABILITY THAT WE MAY NOT EXCLUDE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- YOUR RIGHTS MAY VARY. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE DURATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS ON OR EXCLUSIONS OF CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU DEPENDING ON YOUR STATE OR NATION OF RESIDENCE.
- Data. You are responsible for creation, storage, and backup of your data and records. These Terms and any registration for or subsequent use of this Site or the Services will not be construed as creating any responsibility on OWL’s part to store, backup, retain, or grant access to any information or data for any period.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless OWL, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents (the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred in connection with any third-party claim brought or asserted against any of the Indemnified Parties: (a) alleging facts or circumstances that would, if true, constitute a violation of any provision of these Terms by you; (b) alleging bodily injury, death, property damage or other damages arising from your or a third party’s use or misuse of any purchase of service or transaction on this Site; (c) arising from or related to any other party’s access and use of the Services with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code (if such codes are required to access Services in the future); (d) arising from or related to our use of your User Content in the context of the Services; or (e) arising from, related to, or connected with your use or misuse of the Site or Services. We may, in our sole and absolute discretion, control the disposition of any such claim at your sole cost and expense. You may not settle any such claim without our express written consent.
- These Terms are effective unless and until terminated by you or us. We may, in our sole and absolute discretion and without any liability, modify, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site, temporarily or permanently, at any time and without prior notice.
- Modification and Termination of Site and Services. We may terminate the Site or the Services, your access to the Services, in part or as a whole, at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice or liability to you. These Terms were last revised on October 11, 2018. Click here to see a prior version of the Terms.
- Suspension or Termination. We may deny you access to all or part of the Site at any time for any reason (including if you violate these Terms, as determined in our sole and absolute discretion) or no reason at all.
Effect of Termination. If you terminate your account, you will remain liable under these Terms for any purchase made prior to termination. If we terminate your right to access the Site, these Terms will terminate and all rights you have to access the Site will immediately terminate. The terms t by their sense and context are intended to survive the termination or expiration of the Terms shall survive.
You and OWL agree that any claim or controversy that arises between us relating in any way to any breach, enforcement, or termination of the Terms or your use of or access to the Site or Service (each a "Covered Matter" and collectively, “Covered Matters”), will be resolved in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Section 10.
- Informal Resolution. If you have any dispute with OWL, you and OWL agree that before taking any formal action, you will contact us at email@example.com, provide a brief, written description of the dispute and your contact information (including the email address associated with your account, if your dispute relates to an account), and allow sixty (60) days to pass, during which OWL will attempt to reach an amicable resolution of any issue with you.
- Applicable Law. You and OWL agree that United States federal law including the Federal Arbitration Act, and (to the extent not inconsistent with or pre-empted by federal law) the laws of the State of California, USA, without regard to conflict of laws principles, will govern all Covered Matters. Such body of law will apply regardless of your residence or the location of where you use the OWL Services.
Agreement to Arbitrate Disputes. You and OWL agree that these Terms and each of its parts evidence a transaction involving interstate commerce, and the Federal Arbitration Act applies in all cases and governs the interpretation and enforcement of the arbitration rules and arbitration proceedings. Any Covered Matter must be asserted individually in binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with its Consumer Arbitration Rules (including the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes, if applicable). You and OWL further agree that:
- The arbitrator will utilize desk, phone, or video conference proceedings where appropriate and permitted to mitigate costs of travel.
- The arbitrator will not conduct any form of class or collective arbitration nor join or consolidate claims by or for individuals.
- The arbitrator, and not any federal, international, state, or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of these Terms, including any claim that all or any part of these Terms is void or voidable or a particular claim is subject to arbitration.
- The Arbitrator’s Award. You and OWL agree that for matters where the relief sought is over $5,000, the arbitrator’s decision will include the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator based the award. The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with applicable law, including recognized principles of equity, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different users, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving the same User to the extent required by applicable law. You and OWL agree that the arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in and enforced by any court of competent jurisdiction. YOU AND OWL AGREE THAT THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S). ANY RELIEF AWARDED CANNOT AFFECT OTHER USERS.
Exceptions To Our Agreement To Arbitrate Disputes. There are only two exceptions to this agreement to arbitrate:
- First, if either party reasonably believes that the other party has in any manner violated or threatened to infringe the intellectual property rights of the other party, the party whose rights have been violated may seek injunctive or other appropriate interim relief in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Second, each party will retain the right to seek relief in a small claims court within the United States for disputes or claims brought on an individual basis within the scope of the jurisdiction of such courts.
- Who Bears the Costs of Arbitration. You and OWL agree that payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules, unless otherwise stated in this agreement to arbitrate. If the value of the relief sought is $5,000 or less, at your written request, OWL will reimburse you for the filing, administration, and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration following the earlier of the arbitrator’s decision or settlement, provided that you make your request no more than thirty (30) days following the earlier of such decision or settlement. In the event the arbitrator determines the claim(s) you assert in the arbitration to be frivolous or without merit, you agree that OWL is relieved of its obligation to reimburse you for any fees associated with the arbitration.
- Future Amendments to the Agreement to Arbitrate. Notwithstanding any provision in the Terms to the contrary, you and OWL agree that if OWL makes any amendment to the agreement to arbitrate under this Section in the future, that amendment shall not apply to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against OWL prior to the effective date of the amendment. However, the amendment shall apply to all other disputes or claims governed by the agreement to arbitrate that have arisen or may arise between you and OWL. If you do not agree to these amended terms, you may close your account within thirty (30) days of the posting or notification of such amended terms and you will not be bound by the amended terms.
- Judicial Forum for Legal Disputes. Unless you and OWL agree otherwise and except as described in Section 10(5)(b) (Small Claims Court), in the event that the agreement to arbitrate above is found not to apply to you or to a particular claim or dispute, either as a result of your decision to opt out of the agreement to arbitrate, or as a result of a decision by the arbitrator or a court order, or because you are an international user to which this agreement to arbitrate does not apply, you agree (except as otherwise provided by law) that any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between You and OWL must be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in Los Angeles County, California. You and OWL agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Los Angeles County, California for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.
- Arbitration Opt-Out Procedure. In order to opt-out, you must email your name, address (including your street address, city, state, and zip code), email address(es) associated with your account(s) to which the opt-out applies, and an unaltered digital image of your valid driver’s license to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This procedure is the only way you can opt out of the agreement to arbitrate in this Section. If you opt out of the agreement to arbitrate, all other parts of the Terms and this Section will continue to apply to you. Opting out of this agreement to arbitrate has no effect on any previous, other, or future arbitration agreements that you may have with OWL.
- YOU WAIVE CERTAIN RIGHTS. BY AGREEING TO THE TERMS, YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE (i) TO A COURT TRIAL (OTHER THAN SMALL CLAIMS COURT AS PROVIDED ABOVE), (ii) TO SERVE AS A REPRESENTATIVE, AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, OR IN ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY, OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS, IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING FILED AGAINST US AND/OR RELATED THIRD PARTIES, AND (iii) TO A TRIAL BY JURY EVEN IF ANY ARBITRATION IS NOT REQUIRED UNDER THE TERMS.
- STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR YOUR CLAIMS. REGARDLESS OF ANY STATUTE OR LAW TO THE CONTRARY, ANY COVERED MATTER MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISES OR IT WILL BE FOREVER BARRED.
- Force Majeure. Under no circumstances shall OWL or its licensor or supplier be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from an event beyond its reasonable control.
- No Waiver; Severability. No waiver of any term of these Terms will be binding unless in writing, no waiver of any term of these Terms will be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and the failure of OWL to exercise or enforce any right or remedy in these Terms does not waive that right or remedy. If an arbitrator or a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms to be invalid, the parties agree that the court should endeavor to give effect, to the maximum extent permitted by law, to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
- Miscellaneous. These Terms (and all policies, terms and conditions referenced herein) constitute the entire agreement between you and OWL and govern your use of the Site, and Services provided by OWL, and supersede any prior agreements between you and OWL on the subject matter. You also may be subject to additional terms that may apply when you use certain OWL services or third-party content, links or websites. These Terms, and any rights or licenses granted hereunder, may not be assigned or delegated by you. These Terms, and any rights or licenses granted hereunder, may be assigned or delegated by OWL without restriction. These Terms bind and inure to the benefit of each party and the party’s successors and permitted assigns. These Terms may not be modified by an oral statement by a representative of OWL. A party’s failure or delay in exercising any right, power or privilege under these Terms will not waive its rights to exercise such right, power, or privilege in the future, nor will any single or partial exercise of any right, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise of such right, power, or privilege, or the exercise of any other right, power, or privilege under these Terms. No agency, partnership, joint venture or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by these Terms. You agree to comply with all applicable laws in your use of the Site and Services. You agree that any agreements made by and between you and us in electronic form are as legally binding as if made in physical written form. These Terms will not be construed against the drafter. “Include(s)” or “including” means, respectively, “include(s), without limitation,” or “including, without limitation,”, unless expressly stated otherwise. If you are using the Site or Services for or on behalf of the U.S. or any other government, your license rights do not exceed those granted to non-government consumers.
- Use Outside the United States of America. The Site is controlled and offered by OWL from the United States of America. OWL makes no representations that the Site is appropriate for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Site from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with local law. You consent to the processing in the United States of America of information you provide to us.
- Notices and Electronic Communications. You hereby consent to receiving and transacting with us by electronic means. We may deliver notice to you by e-mail, posting a notice on the Site or any other method we choose and such notice will be effective on dispatch. If you give notice to us, it will be effective when received and you must use the following email address:
One Whole Life
Last Modified October 11, 2018