| LINDSEY WILSON
Brothy Butter Beans
butter beans cooked in broth, fresh herbs, olive oil, and roasted red pepper paste, topped with avocado, fresh parsley, and coconut yogurt
Servings: 4-5 servings | Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 cups butter beans (we used canned)
- ½ cup roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 cups OWL Venice Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 large avocado
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a food processor, add in the roasted red peppers, olive oil, cumin and sea salt and pepper. Puree until it becomes a paste.
- In a large pot add in the ghee and let it melt. Then add in your red bell pepper paste and the butter beans. Saute for 5-6 minutes.
- Pour in the two cups of broth and let it simmer for 15 minutes. The liquid should reduce slightly. Add the fresh oregano and fresh parsley.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with coconut yogurt, sliced avocado, fresh parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
Claire Sporck (aka Sporckly), is a food photographer and stylist here in Los Angeles with a love for beautiful, natural foods. She loves cooking and creating recipes with real ingredients that stand out, and has been creating "healthier" versions of recipes since she was a kid with her mom in the kitchen. She's a huge believer that the foods we eat affect our bodies and minds, which makes WHAT we eat so important!
In 2015 Claire graduated from UNLV with a degree in hospitality management. After completing her schooling, she quickly moved to Los Angeles where she began a job working in event production and catering. It was during her first two years in the city working events that she began Sporckly.
Four years later, she now works full-time as a chef, food photographer, stylist, and recipe blogger, pursuing her biggest passion: spreading healthy recipes and creating pretty food photos.