| OWL Venice
This low-FODMAP recipe has a healthy spin on the traditional Italian risotto. I grew up eating delicious Italian food my Nonna would cook in her kitchen. Hours were spent on Sundays at the dinner table with family. I love recreating some of her recipes but adding my own healthy modifications. This is a light yet comforting dish that is bursting with gut friendly fall flavors.
Alexandra Avocado's Roasted Butternut Squash & Zucchini Risotto
- 3 cups Butternut Squash
- 1 whole medium Zucchini
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 32 oz OWL Vegan Mineral Broth Elixir
- 1/4 cup chopped Chives
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
- 1/2 cup of your favorite Pinot Grigio
- Freshly chopped Parsley
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Chop butternut squash and zucchini and spread on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Roast while you cook the risotto. About 25-30 minutes total.
- Pour OWL Vegan Mineral Broth Elixir into a pot and turn flame on low to medium. You want to warm the broth but not boil it.
- In a large skillet, add about 1-2 tbsp of olive oil and turn the heat on medium. Once steam is showing on the pan, add chopped chives. Sautee for a minute or two.
- Add in your rice to the skillet and stir to coat it with the oil and chives.
- Next, add the Pinot Grigio to the rice mixture and stir in until the wine is fully absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup of the warmed OWL Vegan Mineral Broth Elixir to the rice. Stir regularly until fully absorbed. Once broth is absorbed, add another 1/2 cup and continue to stir. Repeat this process until all of the broth is mixed in with the rice. This should take about 20 minutes or so.
- When the last of the broth is absorbed, add in the roasted butternut squash and zucchini and then immediately remove from heat to your serving dish. Top with chopped parsley.
YIELD: about 4 servings
OPTIONAL- I made a Vegan Parmesan Cheese to top the risotto with by blending 1 cup raw Cashews, 1 cup of Hemp Seeds, 1 cup Nutritional Yeast, and sea salt to taste in a blender. It makes for a wonderful topping for the risotto!
I hope you enjoy this fall recipe as much as I did! It made about 4 servings.
Hi! My name is Alexandra DiPasquale and I am a lover of all things health and wellness. I started Alexandra Avocado as a platform for me to inspire others to live a healthier life and share my nutritious, plant focused recipes.
I grew up in Cleveland, OH and was actively involved in soccer, basketball, track, and ballet growing up. I attended the University of Dayton and I graduated in 2015 with a degree in Exercise Science. I started working full time for a financial software company right after college. It was around this time I took notice of coworkers and friends asking me for advice on healthy recipe ideas, what workouts I participated in, what was in my green smoothie I brought in every morning, how I survived the day without consuming any coffee...etc. I was inspired to create a platform where I could share my love for health and wellness with others and share how easy it is to make simple lifestyle choices to feel your best. From here, Alexandra Avocado was born!
I am currently based in San Diego, CA and enjoy spending as much time as possible outdoors! I love hiking, going to the beach, riding my bike, discovering new health food cafes and restaurants, and creating delicious, plant filled recipes at home.