| OWL Venice
Total Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 6 servings
homemade matcha waffle with a grain-free flour blend topped with coconut whipped cream and dusting of matcha
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 ½ cups grain-free flour blend
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted ghee (or coconut oil)
- Toppings: maple syrup or coconut nectar and whipped coconut cream
- In a matcha bowl, add in your matcha powder and slowly pour in the hot water. Using your matcha whisk, whisk together until the mixture is smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the flour, baking soda, tapioca flour, and sea salt, whisk together. Then add in the wet ingredients, the two eggs, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, melted ghee, coconut sugar, and matcha mixture. Stir to combine.
- Preheat your waffle iron and once heated pour a ladle full of batter into the center waffle iron. Cook for about 4-6 minutes and remove your waffle with chopsticks or a fork.
- Serve the waffles with coconut whipped cream, maple syrup, and a dusting of matcha powder.
Claire Sporck (aka Sporckly), is a food photographer and stylist here in Los Angeles with a love for beautiful, natural foods. She loves cooking and creating recipes with real ingredients that stand out, and has been creating "healthier" versions of recipes since she was a kid with her mom in the kitchen. She's a huge believer that the foods we eat affect our bodies and minds, which makes WHAT we eat so important!
In 2015 Claire graduated from UNLV with a degree in hospitality management. After completing her schooling, she quickly moved to Los Angeles where she began a job working in event production and catering. It was during her first two years in the city working events that she began Sporckly.
Four years later, she now works full-time as a chef, food photographer, stylist, and recipe blogger, pursuing her biggest passion: spreading healthy recipes and creating pretty food photos.