| OWL Venice
Grain-free Matcha Chia Porridge
I’m sure we’ve all had chia seed pudding before.. Especially living in Los Angeles! But on those overcast mornings sometimes you just want something a little more cozy. This recipe is quick to make with no prep and is loaded with superfoods. With the chia seeds and flaxseeds you get that desired consistency and creaminess, similar to oatmeal BUT it’s grain and gluten free!
This porridge also gives you that extra natural boost of energy with our green tea matcha powder whisked in. Takes only about 5 minutes to heat up and is served with a homemade blackberry sauce, coconut yogurt, sliced pears, and a delicious spoonful of pistachio butter.
Matcha Grain-free Chia Porridge
with homemade cashew milk, raw honey, matcha powder, chia seeds, flax seeds, whipped coconut yogurt, blackberry sauce, pistachio butter and sliced pears
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes | Servings: 2 servings
- 1 1/2 cups cashew milk
- 1/2 cup filtered hot water water
- 1 tsp OWL Matcha Powder
- 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 3 Tbsp white chia seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup monk fruit
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- 2 Tbsp pistachio butter
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Add hot water and matcha powder to a small bowl and mix together until all of the matcha has dissolved.
- In a small saucepan make the homemade blackberry sauce by adding in all the ingredients. Bring the sauce to a simmer and stir occasionally. Simmer for ten minutes. Remove from heat.
- In another saucepan add in all the ingredients for the chia porridge. This includes the cashew milk, matcha/water mixture, ghee, chia seeds, flax seeds, monk fruit, honey, and sea salt.
- Let mixture thicken on medium heat. This should take about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour the chia porridge into small bowls, topped with blackberry sauce, coconut yogurt, pistachio butter, sea salt and pear slices.
Claire Sporck (aka Sporckly), is a food photographer and stylist here in Los Angeles with a love for beautiful, natural foods. She loves cooking and creating recipes with real ingredients that stand out, and has been creating "healthier" versions of recipes since she was a kid with her mom in the kitchen. She's a huge believer that the foods we eat affect our bodies and minds, which makes WHAT we eat so important!
In 2015 Claire graduated from UNLV with a degree in hospitality management. After completing her schooling, she quickly moved to Los Angeles where she began a job working in event production and catering. It was during her first two years in the city working events that she began Sporckly.
Four years later, she now works full-time as a chef, food photographer, stylist, and recipe blogger, pursuing her biggest passion: spreading healthy recipes and creating pretty food photos.
FOLLOW CLAIRE FOR MORE RECIPES & FOOD INSPO >