| OWL Venice
We’ve all been doing A LOT of cooking from home this year. Creating some of our favorite recipes for our friends and family. Well, this weekend it’s time to get a bit more romantic with this grilled radicchio, beet and watercress salad to serve alongside your main course dish.
The colors in this dish really show the freshness, vibrancy and beauty of these natural ingredients, like the fresh herbs, ruby red beets and the textured and layered radicchio. Layered on a bed of fresh watercress and topped with toasted pine nuts and a creamy parsley-yogurt dressing. A beautiful salad to bring the romance to your dining table this Sunday.
Grilled Radicchio, Beet & Watercress Salad
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins
Makes 6 servings
- 2 heads radicchio
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 red beets
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 cups watercress
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- ⅓ cup fresh dill
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- ½ squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Sea salt + pepper to taste
- Gather and wash all fresh produce. Take each head of radicchio and slice into six sections with the core still intact.
- Heat up a grill pan to medium high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Once hot, add sliced radicchio to the grill pan and cook on each side for 2-3 mins.
- While radicchio is cooking, prepare the dressing and the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Add dressing ingredients to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the salad on a large platter with a bed of watercress topped with the grilled radicchio. Add on shaved red beets, toasted pine nuts, fresh mint, and dill. Drizzle with creamy parsley dressing and serve!
Claire Sporck (aka Sporckly), is a food photographer and stylist here in Los Angeles with a love for beautiful, natural foods. She loves cooking and creating recipes with real ingredients that stand out, and has been creating "healthier" versions of recipes since she was a kid with her mom in the kitchen. She's a huge believer that the foods we eat affect our bodies and minds, which makes WHAT we eat so important!
In 2015 Claire graduated from UNLV with a degree in hospitality management. After completing her schooling, she quickly moved to Los Angeles where she began a job working in event production and catering. It was during her first two years in the city working events that she began Sporckly.
Four years later, she now works full-time as a chef, food photographer, stylist, and recipe blogger, pursuing her biggest passion: spreading healthy recipes and creating pretty food photos.