| OWL Venice
Cauliflower is one of the most adaptable vegetables. You can add it to a variety of recipes.. Whether that be frozen cauliflower rice in a smoothie, a mashed potato substitute, or blended in a deliciously creamy soup such as this one. Cauliflower adds a decadent and satisfying taste to this dish when combined with the leeks, buttery ghee, your choice of OWL Broth Elixir, and fresh herbs.
This soup is delicious on its own but to make this recipe a little more elevated we topped it with a homemade cilantro chimichurri. Blended together with fresh cilantro, parsley, fresh oregano, olive oil, roasted pistachios, and sesame seeds. Add this chimichurri as a garnish and top with even more roasted pistachios, sesame seeds, and micro greens.
Cleansing Cauliflower & Leek Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes 6 servings
FOR CAULIFLOWER & LEEK SOUP
- 3 cups leeks
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 4 cups OWL Broth Elixir (1 jar)
- 1 tbsp marjoram
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- Sea salt + pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
FOR PISTACHIO CILANTRO CHIMICHURRI
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp water
- Sea salt + pepper (to taste)
- Prepare veggies by removing stalks of the leek and slicing the roots into small pieces. Remove the florets from the head of cauliflower and chop into smaller pieces as well.
- In a large pot melt ghee at a medium-high heat. Once melted, add leeks and cauliflower. Saute for 5-6 minutes, then add marjoram and continue to saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add in OWL Venice broth elixir, hemp seeds, sea salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the pot from the heat and let cool slightly. Once cooled, add the cauliflower & leek mixture to a high speed blender. Puree until smooth and creamy.
- Add in a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- To prepare the cilantro chimichurri, add all ingredients to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and season to taste.
- Pour the soup into individual bowls and drizzle with chimichurri, white sesame seeds, crushed pistachio and edible flowers.
Claire Sporck (aka Sporckly), is a food photographer and stylist here in Los Angeles with a love for beautiful, natural foods. She loves cooking and creating recipes with real ingredients that stand out, and has been creating "healthier" versions of recipes since she was a kid with her mom in the kitchen. She's a huge believer that the foods we eat affect our bodies and minds, which makes WHAT we eat so important!
In 2015 Claire graduated from UNLV with a degree in hospitality management. After completing her schooling, she quickly moved to Los Angeles where she began a job working in event production and catering. It was during her first two years in the city working events that she began Sporckly.
Four years later, she now works full-time as a chef, food photographer, stylist, and recipe blogger, pursuing her biggest passion: spreading healthy recipes and creating pretty food photos.