| OWL Venice
Total TIme: 1 hour 20 minutes | Servings: 8
with seasonal red plums, almond flour, coconut sugar and topped with honied coconut yogurt & a dusting of matcha powder and bee pollen
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar + ¼ cup for dusting cake
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup ghee + 1 tbsp for glazing
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 plums (red and yellow) pitted + sliced thinly
- 2 cups coconut yogurt *for serving*
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 tbsp bee pollen
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cake pan with parchment paper or with melted ghee (or oil).
- In a large mixing bowl beat the ghee and coconut sugar together until fluffy-ish. Crack the eggs into the bowl with the vanilla extract and coconut milk. Whisk together until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt. Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour your batter in the cake pan and place the plums on top in a fanned out pattern. Brush the 1 tbsp of melted ghee onto the plums.
- Bake for 40 minutes and remove from the oven. Let cool and sprinkle on the coconut sugar.
- Mix together the coconut yogurt and honey. Serve a dollop on top of each slice of cake with a sprinkle of matcha and bee pollen.
Claire Sporck (aka Sporckly), is a food photographer and stylist here in Los Angeles with a love for beautiful, natural foods. She loves cooking and creating recipes with real ingredients that stand out, and has been creating "healthier" versions of recipes since she was a kid with her mom in the kitchen. She's a huge believer that the foods we eat affect our bodies and minds, which makes WHAT we eat so important!
In 2015 Claire graduated from UNLV with a degree in hospitality management. After completing her schooling, she quickly moved to Los Angeles where she began a job working in event production and catering. It was during her first two years in the city working events that she began Sporckly.
Four years later, she now works full-time as a chef, food photographer, stylist, and recipe blogger, pursuing her biggest passion: spreading healthy recipes and creating pretty food photos.