| OWL Venice
Servings: 8 small patties (two per serving) | Total Time: 20 minutes
Homemade turkey patty topped with sliced avocado, fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp freshly minced ginger
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 small avocados (or one large)
- 1 lime
- Garnish: micro greens or cilantro leaves and 1 lime
- To a medium sized bowl add the ground turkey, cilantro, cumin, ginger, sea salt and pepper. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together.
- Using your hands, form into eight evenly sized patties and set aside on a tray.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the ghee. Once the ghee is melted, add 4 patties to the pan, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until they are cooked through. Then repeat with the remaining 4 patties.
- Serve with sliced avocado, lime juice and cilantro.
Claire Sporck (aka Sporckly), is a food photographer and stylist here in Los Angeles with a love for beautiful, natural foods. She loves cooking and creating recipes with real ingredients that stand out, and has been creating "healthier" versions of recipes since she was a kid with her mom in the kitchen. She's a huge believer that the foods we eat affect our bodies and minds, which makes WHAT we eat so important!
In 2015 Claire graduated from UNLV with a degree in hospitality management. After completing her schooling, she quickly moved to Los Angeles where she began a job working in event production and catering. It was during her first two years in the city working events that she began Sporckly.
Four years later, she now works full-time as a chef, food photographer, stylist, and recipe blogger, pursuing her biggest passion: spreading healthy recipes and creating pretty food photos.