| OWL Venice
Makes about 7 pancakes
- 1 ripe (brown) plantain, peeled and sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup blueberries and raspberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- To a blender, add the sliced plantain, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut oil and let it melt. Once the pan is heated add ¼ cup measurement of batter into the skillet and cook for about 1 min per side, until bubbles form on top and the edges are set. Continue cooking until all the batter is gone, adding more coconut oil after each round. Set aside on a plate.
- Add the berries and one tablespoon of water to the same skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes until berries burst and a sauce forms.
- Serve the pancakes with coconut oil, berry sauce and maple syrup. Enjoy!
Mckenzi Cohen is a National Board Certified Health Coach, chef, food stylist, and recipe developer in Los Angeles. She loves all things holistic health and healing! She struggled with hashimotos, toxic mold and leaky gut and has since healed herself through food as medicine and living a non toxic lifestyle. Mckenzi loves cooking, being outdoors with her GSP pup, staying active and traveling around the world.
As a health coach, she specializes in helping people with autoimmune conditions, gut health, and thyroid healing through an anti-inflammatory lifestyle including non-toxic living, nutrient dense recipes, sleep, stress reduction and movement.
Mckenzi also works with OWL as a Marketing Manager, spreading the mission of One Whole Life to people across the US!.