| LINDSEY WILSON
A pureed soup with green spinach, green lentils,, zucchini, thyme, oregano and cumin topped with walnut oil, coconut yogurt, roasted sunflower seeds and micro greens
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 zucchini
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 4 cups OWL Vegan Elixir Broth
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- sea salt + pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp walnut oil
- ⅓ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- Slice up the zucchini into moons. In a large pot melt the ghee on medium heat and add in the zucchini. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the cumin, oregano, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to saute for another 2-3 minutes and then pour in your green lentils and the vegan broth. Let soup reach a rolling boil and then reduce the heat. Cover and let simmer for 40 minutes.
- Once the lentils are fully cooked, add in the fresh spinach leaves. Let these wilt and then pour the soup into a food processor or high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve the soup topped with a drizzle of walnut oil, roasted sunflower seeds, coconut yogurt and a sprinkle of microgreens.
Claire Sporck (aka Sporckly), is a food photographer and stylist here in Los Angeles with a love for beautiful, natural foods. She loves cooking and creating recipes with real ingredients that stand out, and has been creating "healthier" versions of recipes since she was a kid with her mom in the kitchen. She's a huge believer that the foods we eat affect our bodies and minds, which makes WHAT we eat so important!
In 2015 Claire graduated from UNLV with a degree in hospitality management. After completing her schooling, she quickly moved to Los Angeles where she began a job working in event production and catering. It was during her first two years in the city working events that she began Sporckly.
Four years later, she now works full-time as a chef, food photographer, stylist, and recipe blogger, pursuing her biggest passion: spreading healthy recipes and creating pretty food photos.